Back2Basics is an initiative which started in the Northside area to create affordable and sustainable recreation for communities. It helps people learn the basics of skating and helps get people, both young and old, out on the ice having fun. On January 3, Back2Basics went to the outdoor rink in Ingonish. The dedicated volunteers of Smokey Recreational Society worked hard creating the ice with the help of both Ingonish Beach and Ingonish Volunteer Fire Departments. The day was cold but none of the skaters minded! It was great to learn some basics to help make skating easier. There were about 22 people, young and old, who took part in the lessons. Naturally Active Victoria County generously supported the program and helped make sure all kids left happy with some hot chocolate to warm them up!
Victoria County Weather
Follow Naturally Active for Life Victoria County on TwitterMy Tweets
- 6th Annual Victoria County Fall Harvest ActiveFest October 6-31, 2017
- 6th Annual Victoria County Canada Day Weekend Physical Activity Challenge June 24 and July 1, 2017 A Success!
- Celebrate Canada Day 150 Events in Victoria County
- 6th Annual Victoria County Canada Day Physical Activity Challenge 2017
- Cape Breton Connect.ca Launched June 16, 2017