Cape Breton Roadrunners
Athlete Update – June 20th 2017
Summer!! Nice!! And lots of upcoming events
1) This Saturday is the Englishtown Mussel Fest 5K. This is one of the flattest and fastest 5K’s in our area, has gorgeous scenery, and you can stay afterwards for the Mussel Fest itself. Registration is at https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=103660&owner=1 This is a CBRR points series race! Remember to sign up for the Roadrunners if you haven’t (online at cbtrisports.com or at the race) As well, this is event one of the Victoria County Fitness Challenge (see number 2 and number 4 below) https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/events/canada-day-challenge/
2) Velo CB’s annual Mussel Fest ride around St. Ann’s bay is shortly after the Mussel Fest 5K, starting from the community hall. All levels of cyclist welcome. Details at velocapebreton.ca This is #2 of the Victoria County Fitness Challengehttps://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/events/canada-day-challenge/ . The ride is 40Km and non-competitive (enjoy the scenery and all the brand new pavement with a big shoulder)
3) This Sunday we’ll be doing a fun tri to replace the missing Ingonish Triathlon. Start time is 11AM at Dalem Lake (Bras D’Or is still too cold to swim in). Be a little early to get your stuff on. Bring bug spray. Change rooms and pit toilets are there (at the provincial park accessed off St. James Road). We’ll do the run after the swim, around Dalem on the trails (the trail is almost exactly 2.5K around, we’ll do 2 loops). After the run we’ll head to our cottage 11493 Ross Ferry Rd. and will do the bike from here. We are 4Km up the road, on the right. Please park BEFORE the cottage, as we’ll be heading south along the road on bikes and don’t want to block the road past the cottage. Bring some refreshments and a snack for afterwards if you have some time to stay and chill out.
4) The annual Baddeck Dan MacDonald Canada Day 10K starts at Baddeck Yacht Club, register starting 8:30, run start 9:30. Registration link is here: https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=103766&owner=1 This is the 3rd and final event in the Victoria County Fitness Challenge https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/events/canada-day-challenge/ , and a CBRR points series race. Plus, there is no better place to be for Canada150 than Baddeck. (for anyone who wants to do a multisport workout, contact me about cycling there in the morning from Ross Ferry or somewhere in between)
5) the Marion Bridge 10K is another CB Roadrunners points series event, on the 8th of July. Details at cbtrisports.com under schedules tab. This is a longtime fixture of our race series, with a challenging uphill finish and ALWAYS hot.
6) Just to put it on your radar, see below from Troy Bond about a fundraiser swim in Hfx Harbour on Sept 7th.
As usual, any questions please get in touch. See you at the races! Don’t forget Tuesday Track every Tuesday, rain-shine-hail-cold-hot (usually we get all in one day here in CB) at 6:30 PM, Atlantic St. Field.
CM – Chris Milburn
15 Howe Court, Sydney B1P 0B2 / 902-539-6852 / firstname.lastname@example.org