Winter is a great time to walk and be outside! Schools and youth groups are invited to walk at school or around the neighbourhood, walk to school, or go for a hike on Winter Walk Day.
Don’t let cold, wind, snow or rain keep folks from heading out for a walk. If they dress properly and practice winter safety, they’re ready to go! Walking is fun when you walk together.
It’s good for our bodies because of the extra physical activity. It’s good for the Earth if you walk as transportation because it cuts down on the number of polluting cars on our streets.You may hold your Winter Walk Day on any day in February and register for it at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WinterWalk2018.
2. Promote the event to participants
3. Educate participants on winter walking safety
4. Tell us how the event went on the Evaluation Survey that we’ll email to you at the end of February
• Template to use for announcements, in newsletters, etc.
• Winter Walking Safety tip sheet
• NS Curriculum Links (grades P to 6)
Natalia Diaz-Insense & Stephanie Johnstone-Laurette
Youth AT Coordinators
902-442-0209 (Mainland NS) or 902-562-5371 (Cape Breton & Eastern NS)
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org