St Ann’s Saturday Afternoon Hikes
Community Hikes – For more information contact Mary Ann at 929-2472. Loaner snowshoes available from the Health Centre (Nancy, 929-2745) or Baddeck Library (902-295-2055)
- Mar. 4 – 1:00 p.m. The Schneiders host a snowshoe/ski hike including a lake and waterfall. Dogs who are friendly with their dog are welcome. Meet at their home in West Tarbot, 1.5 km in from the Cabot Trail (Pottie ’s Corner). Degree of difficulty: moderate
- Mar. 11 – See Sunday, March 12 2:00 p.m., Kelly’s Lane, Englishtown, Kelly’s Lane. Snowshoes and poles. Degree of difficulty: moderate (uphill)
- Mar. 18 – 1:00 p.m. Old Settlement behind Little River
- Mar. 25 – 1:00 p.m. Lower trail system, Breton Cove:Community Hike – Saturday, March 25, 1:00 p.m. Lower trail system, Breton Cove, with Brigitta. Snowshoes and poles. Meet at 43610 Cabot Trail Road. Degree of difficulty: moderate (uphill).
- Jan. 7, 2017 – Tarbotvale, 1:00 p.m. Meet at Marcelle’s, 900 Tarbotvale Road. Snowshoes.
- Jan. 14, 2017 – Breton Cove with Paul Weinberg, 1:00 p.m. Meet and park at Alexander Smith Community Hall. Snowshoes
- Jan. 21, 2017 – Jersey Cove Road along St. Ann’s Bay shore with Marcelle. 1:00 p.m. Meet at the farthest end of the road. Showshoes likely
Saturday Afternoon Hike – January 21, 2017 1:00 p.m. Jersey Cove along the shore of St. Ann’s Bay. Meet Marcelle at the far end of Jersey Cove Road. Snowshoes likely. Level of difficulty: easy. For the most up-to-date information, go to the Community Event Sheet Calendar athttps://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=b2l73jsuoqeivrta5j47v3iul0%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Halifax
- Jan. 28, 2017 – Murray Road with Mary Ann. 1:00 p.m. Meet at the farthest end of the road. Showshoes likely
Guided Hikes – For all hikes, wear ‘hunter orange’ and bring water and snack. Dogs on leash welcome.
- HELD – Dec. 3 – Red Island Trail with Marion Thompson, 1:00 p.m. Meet at SABUC parking lot
- HELD -Dec. 10 – French River with Marcelle Lavoie, 1:00 p.m. Meet at Cal’s Restaurant
- HELD – Dec. 17 – Wreck Cove to Surge Lake with Jitka Zgola. 100 p.m. Meet at 42164 Cabot Trail Road. Poles recommended. The turnoff to the power station is an option to shorten the hike.
• January 16, 2016
Sue Browne led hikers along wilderness woodland trails. Snowshoes were ecommended. Mee at 1008 Meadow Road
• January 23, 2016
Saturday Afternoon Hike – Trail-maker and hiker Brigitta Buehlmann will guide hikers through hidden trails in the lower Breton Cove area. Meet at 1:00 p.m. at 435610 Cabot Trail Road (adjacent to Gaelic Singers Hall). Bring snowshoes, poles, water
January 30, 2016
Arborist and tree-lover Dennis Laffan leads hikers along woodland trails rising from North River waterscape. Meet at 41 Murray Road. Snowshoes required
- Feb. 6, 2016 – Guided snowshoe hike to Little Falls in the provincial park at the end of Oregon Road, North River. Meet at road’s end.
- Feb. 13 – Thomas MacInnis and Terrie Zweep guide snowshoers along trails in Upper Little River, including a lake and a pond. Meet at 44148 Cabot Trail Road. No dogs
- Feb. 20 – Brigitta Buehlmann leads part two of Breton Cove mystery tour. Meet at 43610 Cabot Trail Road adjacent to Gaelic Singers Hall. Driveway parking. Bring poles, snowshoes, water and snack.
- Feb. 27 – Marion Thompson and John Roberts guide snowshoers along forest trails behind Indian Brook. Meet at 45808 Cabot Trail (Leather Works). Parking at the store. No dogs
For the most up-to-date information, go to the St Ann’s Community Event Sheet Calendar:
The St. Ann’s Bay Health Group wishes to thank all the hike hosts and guides for opening their favourite trails to us. Thanks to the many participants for your enthusiastic presence.
For the most up-to-date information, go to the Community Event Sheet Calendar at http://tinyurl.com/Event-Sheet