Ski Cape Smokey
Nice to See Ben Eoin Help Smokey
North Highlands Nordic Ski Facility
Everyone is invited to experience the fantastic cross country skiing and snowshoeing at the North Highlands Nordic Ski Facilities in Cape North. Please call ahead to check if we are open and grooming.
NHN programs and events:
• Bunny rabbit Program for preschoolers
• Jackrabbits for elementary students
• Track Attack racing program
• Tuesdays Ski Snowshoe & Tea for adults
• Other upcoming events
For more info call 383-2479 or e-mail email@example.com
Proud member of Cross Country Ski Nova Scotia & Cross Country Canada
Baddeck Curling Club
-Includes Toonie Tuesdays-Only $2
-Blarney Stone Bonspiel in March http://baddeckcurlingclub.com/#/blarney-stone/4532221938
Green Gym; Multi-use surface (Skating, Basketball, etc. Comfort Station (Washrooms, showers, laundry)
For further information, please contact Dave Donovan:
New Haven, N.S., B0C 1P0
Phone: (902) 336-2546(h)
Fax: (902) 336-2206
Victoria Highland Civic Centre (Ice Skating Rink)
Rink Manager: Calvin Chaisson – 295-2292
Campbell St, Baddeck, NS B0E1B0
ph. (902) 295-2292
Please come enjoy the hockey and skating. It is YOUR Rink, enjoy!
Outdoor Skating on the Pond – Baddeck
Located and entry off water street, behind Baddeck Building Supplies. A special thank you to all for clearing the snow for public use, small milk crate bench, garbage can and access to shovel. It is greatly appreciated.
“Heritage Way” Community Walking Path – Alderwood, Baddeck
Open to the community. It is maintained during the winter and is well lit at night! It takes 10 minutes to do 1 lap of the Path and is 1/2 km long or 660 Steps! For further information, please contact : Wilhelmus van Hal, Director of Recreation, Alderwood Rest Home Phone: (902)295-2644 ext. 226 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Alderwood Residential Care Facility
Wilhelmus van Hal, BACS – Director of Recreation, Alderwood Rest Home
89 Alderwood Lane, P.O. Box 218, Baddeck, NS B0E 1B0
Phone: (902)295-2644 ext. 226 / Fax: (902)295-1698 Email: email@example.com
Rockinghorse ranch has lessons, pony rides, petting zoo (goats, horse, ducks, chickens, 2 little pigs, lama, donkey), educational sessions (Animals have feelings too!) during Winter ActiveFest. Until 5:00 pm. Natural Horsemanship is taught at the ranch – Natural communication and bond with rider and the horse with a better end result.
Open all the time for tours and checkout the animals who have rescued. To book your time at the ranch, or for further information, please contact Dale @ 295-2743. http://www.rockinghorseranch.ca
Rankin School of the Narrows Outdoor Rink – Iona
The schedule for the outdoor rink at Rankin is very relaxed. It is for the school/students during the day and of course, no individuals turned away. The weekends are also on a come and use basis.
Bras d’Or Yacht Club
-ANNUAL REGATTA WEEK 2015: BYC 102nd Anniversary – August
For further info please contact: 1 902-295-2170
-We look forward to introducing youth and adults to the pleasure of sailing on one of the greatest sailing venues in North America, the Bras d’Or Lakes. Please contact Kathy Anne Woodford with any questions 902-863-5315 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org See you on the water!
Soccer Field & Track – Shore Road, Baddeck
Located at Baddeck Academy (* Please Note: To Be Named Steve MacDermid Memorial Soccer Facility)
How to Build Your Own Rink
Make it & Skate it! It’s Easy!
• Building outdoor rinks is growing fast, taken on by more and more Canadians every year. In today’s fast-paced world, it is easy to forget to be active. Grab your family and friends, and build your own rink. Take the time to have fun–and be healthy while you’re at it.
What you need
• All you need are a few inexpensive tools and a sense of adventure!
• Level space (20×40 feet is a good size)
• Lumber (2×6 or 2×8 pieces are great)
• Tarp (must be 2 feet wider and two feet longer than your actual rink)
• About 2 hours, plus freezing time before use
• As with any and all outdoor activities in the winter, make sure you are dressed warmly and appropriately for the weather, with something to cover your head and ears, comfortable footwear, and layers of clothing.
• Make sure your rink is completely frozen before skating on it.
• Always skate with a friend.
RinkRake is your one-stop resource for all things related to ice rink building! From information on how to build a backyard ice rink to products that help you build ice rinks quicker and easier, find it all at http://www.rinkrake.com
North River Playground
36 Meadow Rd
Keltic Lodge Resort
Auld Farm Inn B & B https://www.facebook.com/pages/Auld-Farm-Inn-B-B/198149890210457
Open now for the winter season with lots of great places to explore on foot or on snowmobile!