Naturally Active for Life Victoria County Est. 2011 (Municipal Physical Activity Strategy) funding inspires partnerships, collaboration, sharing of resources which the strategy is about – finding the available resources to make things happen benefiting residents & visitors in physical activity, sports, recreation and leisure.
Here are resource links hopefully allowing you and your organization to meet the present day needs in support and to assist your initiatives in partnership with us:
- Physical Activity Healthy Eating Assistance Fund 2017-18 https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/strategy-funding/
- Facility Access Assistance Fund 2017-18 – https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/accessing-facilities-in-victoria-county/
- Leadership Development Assistance Fund 2017-18 – https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/leadership-funding/
- After the Bell, After School Time Period 2017-18 – https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/strategy-after-school-time-period-funding-assistance-since-2013/
- 7th Annual Victoria County Winter ActiveFest 2018 – https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/events/winter-activefest/
- Healthy Eating in Physical Activity Recreation Sport Settings Assistance Fund (tba, deadline will be Nov. 17th) https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/healthy-eating-in-victoria-county-physical-activity-recreation-sports-settings/
- For the most up-to-date information, go to the Naturally Active for Life Victoria County https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/
Thank You to you, your Team (s), Organization (s) leadership, commitment, expertise, passion, along with your Time, Consideration, and Continued Support & Contribution to the successes of NA4LVC, it’s greatly appreciated.
- Municipal Funding (Council & Rec Dept) – https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/municipal/
(Tom Wilson for sports, special events, clinics, etc. funding (Rec Dept.) & funding annually for groups by municipal council – ***District Funding as well. NOTE: Funding from only 1 source (Strategy/Rec Dept/Council/District) if they are related.
Also under this is kidsport funding for those participants who can not afford an activity in sport, will cover
- Under Provincial Funding is your Larry Maxwell’s (NS DHW ALB); Cdn Tire Jumpstart and NS Seniors aging funding to service our aging population: https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/provincial/
- Sport NS (Officials, Coaches, Equipment, etc) – http://www.sportnovascotia.ca/FundingPrograms/Overview/tabid/1371/Default.aspx
For further information in Cape Breton, contact Community Sport Development Coordinator – Dean Morley @ Phone: 902.595.0952 or by Email: email@example.com
- Community Health Board Funding as well in Victoria County (Should be out soon!) List of approved projects are listed at this link – https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/community-health-board/
- National Funding – https://naturallyactivevictoriacounty.com/funding/national/
You may be interested in this: 1st ever NS Provincial Physical & Health Literacy Summit held on October 22 & 23 – in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This year, through a partnership with TAPHE (Teachers Association for Physical and Health Education) we will be engaging over 350 Physical education and health teachers in addition to over 100 of our Provincial Sport and Recreation leaders. For only $125 you will have access to over 35 presentations from leading experts across Canada on the implementation of physical literacy programming. We encourage you to visit our event page for conference details and spread the word to your member organizations. Stay tuned for more updates as registration opens in early September!
Sincerely, Amy Walsh
Physical & Health Literacy Organizing Committee
Manager of Participation Development
5516 Spring Garden Rd., 4th Floor
Halifax, NS B3J 1G6
Office: 902-425-5450 x 358
HOPE THIS HELPS A BIT MOVING FORWARD – ANYWAY WE CAN FURTHER ASSIST, PLEASE LET US KNOW – KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, PASSION, COMMITMENT & POSITIVE ATTITUDE BENEFITING RESIDENTS & VISITORS MOVING FORWARD IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE VICTORIA COUNTY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY STRATEGY (EST. 2011)
Physical Activity Strategy Coordinator
495 Chebucto St Box 370, Baddeck, NS B0E 1B0
Tel: 902.295.3661 / Fax: 902.295.1864
”NO EXCUSES: Believe in Yourself. Believe in the Possibilities. We Make Choices that Helps Us Write Our Story. There are No Guarantees. Be the Best that You Can Be! Do Not Give Up” – Heather Moyse, 2 Time Gold Medalist (“Celebration” of Naturally Active Oct 20 & 21, 2014: @HeatherMoyse)